Friday, April 20, 2012

The Cottage


Across the wide field there was a mouse running.  The mouse saw a small cottage standing in the middle of nowhere.  The mouse stopped and wondered out loud:
-Who, who lives in this cottage?  Who lives in this low little cottage?
There was no answer.
The mouse opened the door, came in – and decided to make it her home.
Across the wide field there was a frog leaping.  The frog saw the cottage standing in the middle of nowhere.  The frog stopped and wondered out loud:
-Who, who lives in this cottage?  Who lives in this low little cottage?
- I, Burrow the mouse, live here.  This is my home.  And who exactly are you? – The voice from the cottage replied.
- I am Croaker the frog.  Let me in.  Let me live with you.
- All right.  Come in, - Burrow the mouse agreed.
So, the mouse and the frog made the cottage their home.
Across the wide field there was a hare hopping.  The hare saw the cottage standing in the middle of nowhere.  The hare stopped and wondered out loud:
-Who, who lives in this cottage?  Who lives in this low little cottage?
- I, Burrow the mouse.
- I Croaker the frog live here.  This is our home.  And who exactly are you? – The voices from the cottage replied.
I am Scamper the hare with short little legs and long floppy hair.  Let me in.  Let me live with you.
All right.  Come in, - Burrow the mouse and Croaker the frog agreed.
So, the three of them began living together.
Across the wide field there was a fox running.  The fox saw the cottage standing in the middle of nowhere.  The fox stopped and wondered out loud:
-Who, who lives in this cottage?  Who lives in this low little cottage?
- I, Burrow the mouse.
- I Croaker the frog.
- I Scamper the hare with short little legs and long floppy hair live here.  This is our home.  And who exactly are you? – The voices from the cottage replied.
I am Popsy the fox with the fluffy tale.  Let me in.  Let me live with you.
All right.  Come in, - all agreed.
So, the four of them began living together.
Across the wide field there was a wolf running.  The wolf saw the cottage standing in the middle of nowhere.  The wolf stopped and wondered out loud:
-Who, who lives in this cottage?  Who lives in this low little cottage?
- I, Burrow the mouse.
- I Croaker the frog.
- I Scamper the hare with short little legs and long floppy hair.
- I am Popsy the fox with the fluffy tale live here.  This is our home.  And who exactly are you? – The voices from the cottage replied.
I am Poof the old hungry wolf.  Let me in.  Let me live with you.
All right.  Come in, but you must keep the peace, - all agreed.
So, the five of them began living together.
Across the wide field there was a bear stumbling.  The bear saw the cottage standing in the middle of nowhere.  The bear stopped and roared out loud:
-Who, who lives in this cottage?  Who lives in this tiny little cottage?
- I, Burrow the mouse.
- I Croaker the frog.
- I Scamper the hare with short little legs and long floppy hair.
- I am Popsy the fox with the fluffy tale.
- I am Poof the old hungry wolf live here.  This is our home.  And who, if we may wonder, are you? – The voices from the cottage replied.
I am Wear and Tear the big grumpy bear.
And without asking the Wear and Tear the big grumpy bear tried to squeeze himself in through the front door.  The entrance was way too narrow.  So, the bear went to climb up on top of the roof.
The cottage started to rattle.  The cottage started to crackle.  The cottage fell to pieces.  Lucky enough, there were enough time to run out for the Burrow the mouse, Croaker the frog, Scamper the hare with the short little legs and long floppy hair, Popsy the fox with the fluffy tale, Poof the old hungry wolf.
The friends gave Wear and Tear the big grumpy bear a break.  All the animals put their heads together and built a new cottage, a huge tall cottage, where they all began their life together.



THE END


No comments: