Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Fox and The Rolling Pin


Once upon a time a fox found a rolling pin left by someone on the side of the road.  She picked it up and headed to the nearby village.
The fox stopped by the corner house and knocked on the door “knock-knock”.
-          Who is there? – Someone answered the door.
-          I’m a little fox.  Would you please let me in for an overnight stay? – Asked the fox.
-          We’d love to, but our house is way too small.  We hardly have enough room for ourselves. – Explained the home owners.
-          Please let me in.  I won’t take much room at all.  I will lay on the bench, fold my tale under the bench, and set my rolling pin under your stove. – The fox pleaded.
-          Well, if you say so, come right in.
The fox set off to bed.
If the morning she got up before dusk, while everyone in the house was fast asleep.  The fox put her rolling pin in the oven and burned it.  Then she woke up the home owners and cried,
-          Where, oh, where is my rolling pin?  What did you do with it? 
The home owners were caught off guard.  They didn’t know what to say.
-          Well, you will have to give me your chicken in place of my rolling pin. – The fox demanded.
The owners had no choice, but to let the fox take their chicken.
Off the fox went, singing,
-          One crafty fox found a rolling pin,
Exchanged it for chicken skin.
By the end of the night the fox approached another village.
The fox stopped by the corner house and knocked on the door “knock-knock”.
-          Hello, kind people, please let me in for an overnight stay.
-          We’d love to, but our house is way too small.  We hardly have enough room for ourselves. – Explained the owners.
-          I won’t take much room at all.  – Pleaded the fox. – I will lay down under a window, cover myself with my tale, and set my chicken in the corner.
So, the home owners let the fox in. 
Before the sun dusk, while all in the house fast asleep, the fox got up, ate the chicken and started to scream as loud as she could,
-          Who, oh, who ate my chicken?  You better give me your duck to replace it! – The fox demanded.
The owners had no choice, but to let the fox take their duck.
Off the fox went, singing,
-          One crafty fox found a rolling pin,
Exchanged it for chicken skin.
New house – shortly after dust
The crafty fox now has a duck.
On the third night the fox approached the third village.  She stopped by the corner house, knocked on the door and asked to stay there overnight.
-          We’d love to let you stay, but our house is awfully crowded. – Explained the home owners.
-          I won’t be an inconvenience!  I will lay next the wall, put my tale under the head, and set my duck behind the stove. – Pleaded the fox.
-            All right, come in, make yourself at home.
-          Before the sun dusk, while all in the house fast asleep, the fox got up, ate the duck, burned the duck’s feathers in the oven, and started howling,
-          Where, oh, where is my favorite duck?  You must give me at least one girl to replace it! 
The owner had many children, but didn’t want to give up his daughter to the fox.  So, he decided to trick the fox.  He gave the fox a sack with a dog in it and said,
-          Here, Ms. Fox, a girl for you, the best one we have.
The fox took the sack, got on the road and said,
-          Well, well, little girl, it’s time for you to sing a song for me.
Suddenly the fox heard some strange growling coming from the sack.  Curious, she untied the knot on the sack.  As soon as she did that, the dog jumped out of the sack and attacked the fox.
The scared fox took off running as far as her legs could carry her. 


THE END

No comments: