Monday, April 23, 2012

The Rooster and The Bean


Once upon a time there lived a rooster Peter and a hen Tootsie. 
Peter was always rushing.  Tootsie had to always remind him,
-          Peter, don’t rush!  Peter, slow down!
One summer day Peter was chewing on some beans when one bean got stuck in his throat.  Peter couldn’t swallow.  He couldn’t talk.  He couldn’t cough.  He couldn’t even breathe.  He fell over on his back and seemed lifeless.
Terrified with what happened, Tootsie ran to the owner’s wife, Dorothy, crying,
-          Oh, Dorothy, Dorothy, would you please give me some butter, so I can grease up Peter’s throat because he’s choking on some beans?
-          I’d be happy to, but, first you need to go to Moo-Moo the cow and ask her for some milk, so I can make some butter out of that milk. - Dorothy the owner’s wife replied.
Tootsie ran over to the barn and begged the cow,
-          Moo-Moo, dear, would you please give me some milk?  I will take it to the owner’s wife.  She will make some butter out of that milk.  I will use the butter to grease up Peter’s throat because he’s choking on some beans.
-          I’d love to give you my milk, but first you need to go to the owner and ask him to cut me some fresh grass.  I will eat the grass and produce some milk for you, - the cow replied.
Tootsie ran to the owner and pleaded,
-          Roger, please cut some fresh grass for the cow.  She will eat the grass and produce some milk to share with me.  I will take that milk to your wife.  She will make some butter from the milk.  I will grease up Peter’s throat because he’s choking on some beans.
-          I have no problem helping you, but first you need to go to the ironsmith and ask him for a sickle, so I can cut some fresh grass for the cow, - suggested the owner.
Tootsie ran to the ironsmith as fast as she could, crying,
-          Ironsmith, Ironsmith, would you please hurry and give the owner a good sharp sickle?  The owner will cut some fresh grass for the cow.  The cow will produce some milk.  The owner’s wife will make that milk into butter, so I can grease Peter’s throat because he is choking on some beans.
The ironsmith gave the owner the sharpest sickle he had.  The owner rushed to cut the freshest grass for the cow.  The cow ate the grass and produced the creamiest milk for the owner’s wife.  The owner’s wife turned milk into the smoothest butter and gave it to the hen.
The hen rushed the butter to Peter.  She greased his throat.  The bean slipped through Peter’s throat and into his stomach.  Peter jumped up and screamed as loud as his voice let him,
-          Cock-a-doodle-doo!


THE END


No comments: